The Cherry Bomb cocktail pairs bourbon with cherry brandy and it is a marriage made in heaven. A thoroughly delightful drink that looks pretty but packs a punch.
Love Bourbon? Give my Black Cherry Cola Smash a try!
High time for a new cocktail recipe – feels like ages since we had one of those 😉 This one is called the Cherry Bomb and it is, naturally, THE bomb.
Bourbon and cherry were meant to play together they just are such good partners. Bourbon and cherry ice cream? You gotta try that – use frozen pitted cherries now that fresh cherries are scarce.
The Cherry Bomb is one of those cheerful and slightly girly-looking cocktails that packs a proper punch.
Don’t let those maraschino cherries fool you – this is a grown up drink. Cherry brandy doesn’t get much cocktail action which is a shame because it is truly delicious – try the Cherry Julep if you are more of a gin lover.
The frothy head is created by the egg white and you can use the liquid egg whites (Two Chicks in the UK) which are pasteurised and easy to use. But for a proper froth you need to use a fresh egg and ‘dry shake’ it first.
This simply means shaking the cocktail without any ice first so that it creates the froth and then shake it again with ice (double shake) to chill your drink.
Have you made one of my recipes? I wanna see! Tag me on Instagram and make my day 🙂
Cherry Bomb cocktail
- 50 ml | 2 measures | scant 2 fl oz bourbon
- 25 ml | 1 measure | scant 1 fl oz cherry brandy
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp egg white
- 1 tbsp grenadine
- cocktail cherries to garnish
- Put the bourbon, cherry brandy, lemon juice, egg white and grenadine in a cocktail shaker and ‘dry shake’ hard to create the froth.
- Add ice and shake again to chill your cocktail.
- Strain into an old fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a cocktail cherry.