This simple sparkling peach whisky cocktail is incredibly refreshing and perfect for cooling down in summertime.
When I think of whisky cocktails my mind usually goes to the great classics: the Old Fashioned, the Manhattan… maybe a Whisky Sour.
But much as I love these beloved classics, they tend to be a little heavy for summer drinking. Even the names of these cocktails conjure up leather armchairs by the fire, cold evenings and winter.
At the moment of writing this, it is 30°C in London and it feels more like 45°C. It is silly hot and the only cocktails I can handle are long ones with tons and tons of ice.
I had the chance to attend a whisky cocktail evening hosted by Chivas Regal recently and the first cocktail we were served caught my attention immediately. It was so refreshing and so delicious, but still light enough for summertime. In fact it was just perfect for mixing up on a hot evening.
Love cocktails? You might want to try this Blueberry Gin Sour
You will need
- Whisky – blended whisky is perfect
- Creme de Peche (or see below for more options)
- A little lemon juice
- Club soda – well chilled please!
- Fresh peach or nectarine to garnish
- Sugar syrup if you want to adjust the sweetness without going heavy on the Creme de Peche
This is a whisky based cocktail and while Chivas Regal Mizurana Blended Whisky* – which was launched at the event I attended – tastes AMAZING the price tag is a little steep for me, it retails for around £50+. If anyone wants to buy me a Christmas present you know what to do 😉
The whisky I used when I recreated the cocktail at home was Ballantine’s Finest Blended Scotch Whisky which is less than half this price. Another even cheaper option is Haig Club Clubman*.
The other essential ingredient is Creme de Peche, a.k.a peach liqueur (not, it should be noted, Peach Schnapps which is totally different). Now I know what you will say – who in the world has that in their drinks cabinet? Well not many people, it’s totally true. But you can buy it on Amazon for a reasonable price and a bottle will last a long time… unless you make a lot of these sparkling peach whisky cocktails.
I finished my mini bottle of Merlet & Fils Creme De Peche Liqueur* in record time after getting hooked on this cocktail – it had been gathering dust for over a year until that point. If you don’t want to buy the Peach liqueur, Monin do a peach syrup* which could be used as a substitute. But for best results invest in the real deal, some supermarkets carry mini bottles if you want to give it a try.
The sparkling peach whisky cocktail also contains a little lemon juice for tartness and a little sugar (simple) syrup if you want to adjust the sweetness.
Simple syrup can be made very easily at home – simply combine equal amounts of sugar and water, stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves and turn heat off just before it comes to the boil. Cool then store in a bottle or jar in the fridge for future use.
Top your sparkling peach cocktail with chilled soda water, although if you wanted a stronger drink you could top with chilled Prosecco or Champagne. If you prefer your cocktails on the sweet side, top with chilled ginger ale.
How to make a sparkling peach cocktail
Step 1. This is an easy whisky cocktail – you don’t even need a shaker. Pour your whisky, Creme de Peche and lemon juice into a tall glass filled with plenty of ice.
Step 2. Top with chilled soda water and stir. Have a taste and adjust for sweetness or tartness. If you like it a little sweeter then add a teaspoon of sugar syrup and stir again. If you prefer it more tart add a little more lemon juice.
Step 3. Garnish with a few peach slices or a twisted lemon or orange peel. Enjoy!
MAKING THIS RECIPE OR OTHERS?
For more refreshing summer cocktails try
- Strawberry Gin Sour
- Blackberry lavender gin and tonic
- Cherry Bomb cocktail
- Blueberry basil Moscow Mule cocktail
Items marked with an asterisk contain affiliate links. If you purchase any items I will receive a tiny percentage of the retail price at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog 🙂
Sparkling peach whisky cocktail
- 1/4 cup | 60ml | 2 measures blended whisky
- 1/8 cup | 30ml | 2 tbsp Creme de Peche
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar syrup or to taste
- Chilled soda water to top up
- Fresh peach slices to garnish
- Pour your whisky, Creme de Peche and lemon juice into a tall glass filled with plenty of ice.
- Top with chilled soda water and stir. Have a taste and adjust for sweetness or tartness. If you like it a little sweeter then add a teaspoon of sugar syrup and stir again. If you prefer it more tart add a little more lemon juice.
- Garnish with a few peach slices or a twisted lemon or orange peel. Enjoy!
- If you wanted a stronger drink you could top with chilled Prosecco or Champagne instead of soda water
- For a sweeter cocktail replace the soda water with ginger ale