Summer is here and the living is easy… especially with some ice-cold coffee to keep you cool during the hot months. Thanks to the Nespresso Vertuo Machine and the new (Nespresso) Barista Coffee and Milk recipe maker, you can make coffee-shop quality coffee in the comfort of your own home and at the fraction of the price.
This post has been sponsored by Nespresso. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CHECK OUT MY DISCLOSURE
If someone asked me to list five facts about myself, my coffee addiction would probably be fact number two. It’s a fundamental aspect of my being and quite possibly the only reason I am enticed out of bed in the morning.
If my husband is in the right mood, my first cup will be waiting for me on the bedside table, just far enough so that I have to get out of my cocooned duvet state to grasp it.
And if you asked me to list my most-used kitchen gadget – a question I actually get asked rather often – I would have to say, without the slightest hesitation, my coffee machine.
Between me and my husband, it gets used a minimum 6-8 times a DAY, more if I have friends visiting. And it even gets to go on holiday with us – true story – because there’s one thing I can’t stand and that’s terrible coffee that you pay through the nose for.
So I was rather thrilled to be asked to try Nespresso’s latest Vertuo Machine and even MORE thrilled to get my hands on their (Nespresso) Barista Coffee and Milk recipe maker.
This little gadget is sheer genius my friends and no coffee-loving soul should be without one! I sort of look at it as a friendly mini personal Barista (aptly named then) with the ability to make a variety of coffee drinks at the mere touch of your hand.
Fancy making yourself a flat white? It’s got your back. How about an iced frappé or a cold macchiato? The recipes are all programmed into the Barista so all you have to do is add the milk or milk, coffee and ice in the case of the frappé. The metal jug detaches from the main unit so you can pour your iced coffee drink in your glass with a little bit of a flourish.
Between the Nespresso Vertuo Machine and the Milk Frother, you get smooth coffee with just THE perfect crema, miles and miles better than most coffee you get in certain chain coffee shops.
Iced coffee especially is just not done very well in London IMHO and every time I shell out money for one I regret it soon after. Usually they are lacking in anything resembling actual coffee, or terribly watered down, or have enough sweet toppings and syrups to pass for dessert.
Not for me, thanks. I will stick with my new favourite Nespresso on Ice Macchiato which is a smooth talking little number with just the right amount of caffeine kick thanks to the Voltesso capsules.
I think I found my Goldilocks coffee zone! Both machines are ridiculously easy to use and clean – big bonus that – so you never need have a bad cup of coffee again.
If you are a fan or iced coffee but need to reign in the caffeine a little then the Iced Frappé made with Decaf Intense capsules is for you.
Making Frappé is in my blood – it is THE unofficial summer drink in Greece – but I have never made one as easily or as successfully before.
Here’s a bird’s eye view of the (Nespresso) Barista Coffee and Milk recipe maker in action – busily creating an Iced Frappé.
Barista… this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. ☕
HAVE YOU MADE MY PUMPKIN SOURDOUGH BREAD RECIPE? Please leave a rating, post a photo on my Facebook page, share it on Instagram, or save it to Pinterest with the tag #supergoldenbakes and make my day!
- 1 capsule Nespresso Decaf Intense 40ml
- 100 ml / 3.4fl oz cold semi skimmed milk
- 1 large ice cube
- 1 tsp sugar or sweetener (optional)
- First brew the Decaf Intense coffee using your Nespresso Vertuo Machine.
- Pour the coffee into the (Nespresso) Barista Coffee and Milk recipe maker.
- Add the sugar or sweetener (if using), the cold milk and ice cube into the jug.
- Close the lid and select the Iced Frappé option, the Barista Milk Frother will create your drink for you.
- Pour into a tall glass, adding more ice if desired.
Espresso on Ice Macchiato
- 1 Voltesso capsule
- 100ml /3.4fl oz cold semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tsp sugar or sweetener optional
- Fill your Nespresso VIEW glass with 3 big ice cubes.
- Brew the espresso using the Nespresso Vertuo Machine into the ice-filled glass.
- Pour the cold milk into the jug of the (Nespresso) Barista Coffee and Milk recipe maker, making sure not to go over the minimum level marking.
- Close the lid and select ‘Espresso on Ice Macchiato’ recipe.
- Pour the milk foam over the coffee in your glass and enjoy!