Let’s go back to my productive day for a minute. I think it was the bright sunshine that caused my whirlwind of activity. By noon I had baked a batch of hot cross cinnamon buns (they are so awesome – will be posting the recipe very soon), a lamb stew (ditto) and made this cocktail. I then had to photograph everything so I was happy as a clam – spending the day photographing food is my idea of heaven. My husband may not think same when he returns home and sees the state of the kitchen, but I will distract him with a Guinness Black Magic cocktail and, once he has the stew for dinner, I am sure he will forgive my messiness!
Guinness Black Magic Cocktail
- Guinness Black Magic Cocktail
- by Lucy Parissi March-17-2016
- Serves 1Ingredients
- 100 ml | 3.5 fl oz Guinness draught
- 2 measures 50ml/1.7fl oz bourbon
- 2 tsp grenadine or sugar syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 5 fresh blackberries & extra to garnish
- lime wedges to garnish
- Add the blackberries, bourbon, grenadine and lime juice into a cocktail shaker. Muddle the blackberries with a mudding spoon or the back of a rolling pin.
- Half fill the shaker with ice and shake hard for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a rocks glass filled with ice. Stir in the Guinness and garnish with a lime wedge and a couple of blackberries threaded on a toothpick.