Black Magic Guinness Cocktail – the perfect drink to toast with on St Patrick’s Day.
Looking for more Halloween drinks? Try my Purple People Eater!
I have been so productive today I feel I owe myself a drink. And since it is St Patrick’s Day that drink ought to be Guinness, right? Right.
But to a cocktail lover a can of Guinness draught is just an excuse for a little experimentation.
Of course they are a couple of very well known Guinness cocktails. If you are a fan of Champagne you could toast with a Black Velvet – Guinness and Champagne served in a flute glass.
A Black and Tan is another popular drink made by layering Guinness on top of beer. The Irish might not take kindly to you ordering one though and you should certainly also give the Irish Car Bomb a miss!
GUINNESS BLACK MAGIC COCKTAIL
This year you can get a bit more experimental, and less offensive, by give giving my Guinness Black Magic cocktail a go!
This bewitching cocktail combines bourbon, lime juice, blackberries and Guinness draught. It sounds like an unlikely combination but, trust me, it’s delicious! Sláinte!
STEP 1 Add the blackberries, bourbon, grenadine and lime juice into a cocktail shaker. Muddle the blackberries with a mudding spoon or the back of a rolling pin.
STEP 2 Half fill the shaker with ice and shake hard for 30 seconds then pour into a rocks glass filled with ice. Stir in the Guinness and garnish with blackberries threaded onto a cocktail stick.
More St Patrick’s Day recipes
- Irish beef stew
- Guinness Black Magic Cake with ermine frosting and whiskey caramel
- Baileys White Russian
- Baileys Irish cream chocolate mousse
Guinness Black Magic Cocktail
- 120 ml (½ cup) Guinness draught
- 4 tbsp bourbon
- 2 tsp grenadine or sugar syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 5 fresh blackberries & extra to garnish
- lime wedges to garnish
- Add the blackberries, bourbon, grenadine and lime juice into a cocktail shaker. Muddle the blackberries with a mudding spoon or the back of a rolling pin.
- Half fill the shaker with ice and shake hard for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a rocks glass filled with ice. Stir in the Guinness and garnish with a lime wedge and a couple of blackberries threaded on a toothpick.