Elderflower Berry Gin Collins is an absolutely gorgeous and hugely refreshing gin-based cocktail that’s perfect for spring sipping and equally delicious drunk ‘virgin’.
Second weekend in a row with absolutely GORGEOUS weather.
Even as I am typing this I am worried I am jinxing the sun away… so I will stop going on about it. It does feel as if spring has well and truly sprung however and this lively elderflower mixed berry gin Collins is just the cocktail for it.
‘Collins’ is probably one of the easiest cocktails to make consisting of a spirit – usually vodka or gin – lemon juice, sugar and fizzy topper.
Drunk in its original incarnation it can taste a little insipid which is why adding berries and elderflower cordial is such a good idea.
This is a very simple cocktail, refreshing and not overly strong. Leave the gin out and you have a very pretty and delicious mocktail on your hands.
You can vary the berries if you like – I usually keep a bag of mixed berries in the freezer for use in smoothies and cocktails.
If you plan to serve a bunch of these at a party, then create some berry-infused gin – not only is it deliciously sweet/tart it will take on the most vibrant colour!
- 10 raspberries
- 10 blueberries
- 2 measures | 50ml | 1.7fl oz elderflower cordial I used Bottlegreen
- 4 measures | 100ml | about 4 fl oz gin
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp grenadine or strawberry syrup
- 1 tbsp sugar syrup
- Soda water
- Put the berries, cordial, lemon juice, grenadine and sugar syrup in your cocktail shaker (or a large glass) and crush with the end of a clean rolling pin.
- Add the gin and stir.
- Share the cocktail mix between 2 highball (tall) glasses. Half fill the glasses with cracked ice and top up with soda water.
- Stir very thoroughly, decorate with a couple extra raspberries and serve.
Instead of muddling the berries put 100g (3 1/2oz) frozen mixed berries in a jar and cover with gin. Leave to infuse in the fridge for a day and then use.
Tried this recipe?Mention @supergolden88 or tag #supergoldenbakes!
Natalie Crossan says
Oooh this is great, I actually had something that looked exactly like this in Las Vegas!! 🙂
Mary-Ann Pollard says
wow sounds lovely and refreshing, I have a real thing for elderflower
Elderflower is underrated in my opinion.
Cute pictures and very tempting coctail! 🙂 I think I will try the mocktail version too!
Keep Calm and Fanny On says
Gorgeous as ever, and super refreshing!