15-minute spicy peanut noodles with mushrooms and kale – a delicious, satisfying and super quick vegetarian meal!
Who wants a meal that’s ready in record time and guaranteed to disappear as quickly? These 15-minute spicy peanut noodles with mushrooms and kale are perfect for those lunch or dinners when time is short and hunger at an all time high. Which is pretty much most of the time lately – at least for me. Stress I have an adundance of, time, on the other hand, is very much in short supply.
On the plus side, the weather is brightening up and days are longer which is basically music to the ears of any food blogger and photographer. I even managed to photograph a recipe at 5pm yesterday – nothing short of a miracle considering the day was pretty overcast.
[amazon_link asins=’B000NI4EV0,B0023PKFS2,B000OV7XDM,B009H3FKBA,B01N23P86L,B01DDVG8C6′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’superbakes0e-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’dedae82d-080b-11e7-b003-e563e9dfe6c3′]
The spicy peanut sauce used in these recipe is basically one I have used before in this vegan dish – it can be used to liven up many a meal whether plant or meat based. I used straight-to-wok fresh egg noodles here which are a fantastic shortcut for when you need food in a real hurry. If you substitute these for a vegan option then the recipe is suitable for vegans.
15-minute spicy peanut noodles with mushrooms and kale
- 300 g | 10 1/2oz button chestnut mushrooms sliced in half
- 300 g | 10 1/2oz kale leaves rib removed
- 300 g | 10 1/2oz fresh egg noodles straight to wok noodles
- 150 | 5.3oz firm tofu optional
- 60 g | 2oz cashews or peanuts to garnish
- sesame oil to fry
- salt to season if needed
- pinch chilli flakes to serve
- lime wedges to serve
- <b>For the peanut sauce</b>
- 3 heaping tablespoons smooth peanut butter sugar-free preferably
- 2 large garlic cloves sliced or minced
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely diced
- small piece fresh ginger peeled and finely diced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- juice of a small lime
- Place all the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a mini chopper or blender and process to a smooth paste, thinning with a little warm water if necessary.
- Dry fry the cashews or peanuts in a frying pan until toasted. Roughly chop.
- Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a wok and fry the mushrooms for a couple of minutes. If you are using tofu you can add it now as well.
- Add the peanut sauce, noodles and kale and cook for 10-12 minutes, tossing with tongs to coat in the sauce, until the kale is soft. If the wok is getting dry add a touch more sesame oil, water or lime juice. Taste and season with salt if necessary.
- Serve sprinkled with the cashews or peanuts with extra lime wedges on the side and a pinch chilli flakes.