Clover Leaf Cocktail
2 measures (50ml) gin
10 fresh raspberries
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp egg white
1 tsp grenadine
mint leaves and fresh raspberries to garnish
2. Put the raspberries, sugar and lemon juice in a glass and let them macerate for 10 minutes. Muddle with a spoon and then sieve the pulp to extract the raspberry syrup, pressing on the berries with the back of a spoon.
3. Add the gin, raspberry syrup, egg white and grenadine into a cocktail shaker filled with plenty of ice. Shake hard for 30 seconds and then strain into a large glass.
4. Empty the shaker of ice and then shake the cocktail again to froth up the egg white.
5. Pour into the chilled glass and garnish with a mint leaf and a fresh raspberry.
Check our these wonderful cocktail (and mocktail) links from around the blogosphere…
• Pimms mojito from Jo’s Kichen.
• Strawberry Daiquiri from Coffee and Vanilla.
• A non alcoholic mojito from Fab Food 4 All.
• Orchard mocktail from Emily’s Recipes and Reviews.
• Slow cooker Baileys hot chocolate from Lovely Appetite.
• Cinnamon White Russian from Foodie Couple Blog.