Passionfruit Martini – a refreshing and tangy cocktail for those who adore passionfruit!
Hey it’s Friday again. I have been working day and night all week (and looks like I will be working most of the weekend as well) so a little break and a lovely cocktail are very much in order. I adore the taste of passionfruit. I love them in baking – passionfruit curd is incredible in tarts (note to self: must make some very soon) – but they are even more suited to cocktails.
This passionfruit martini is elegant and sophisticated and just so, so lovely. I have used fresh passionfruit but you can buy passionfruit purée online to make things easier – especially useful if you plan to serve a few of these babies. I have made this without the Monin passionfruit liqueur and it is still delicious though it loses some of its punch.
Refreshing and tangy - a Martini for those who love passionfruit!
Lucy Parissi: Lucy Parissi
Recipe type: Cocktail
- 3 fresh passionfruit
- 2 measures | 50ml | 1.7fl oz Coldpress Pink apple juice
- 2 measures | 50ml | 1.7fl oz vodka
- 1 measure | 25ml | .8fl oz passionfruit liqueur
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tbsp Monin passionfruit syrup
- ½ tbsp sugar syrup
- ½ tbsp liquid egg white (optional)
- Fill your martini glass with ice.
- Halve the passionfruit. Slice one thin sliver and set aside. Scoop the rest out the flesh / seeds into a small sieve. Press at the pulp with the back of the spoon and extract the juice (into your cocktail shaker).
- Add all the remaining ingredients and fill the shaker with ice. Shake vigorously until frost forms on the outside of the shaker.
- Discard the ice from the martini glass. Strain the cocktail into the glass. Decorate with a fine slice of passionfruit.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA