I adapted my basic waffle recipe to create these Pumpkin Spice Waffles (the same batter also works for making pancakes). The addition of pumpkin purée is optional – you can just add the spices if you prefer – but for the real pumpkin experience go the whole hog.
[amazon_link asins=’B00L451AEA,B00LB8S5V6,B00XJI25TO,B00DN5MERQ,B008GT06QK’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’superbakes0e-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’6b118440-246b-11e7-91d3-b575f837647f’]
Pumpkin Spice Waffles with Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce
- 300 ml | 10 fl oz milk
- 200 g | 7oz self-raising flour
- 85 g | 3oz tinned pumpkin purée
- 30 g | 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch cloves
- vanilla ice cream caramel sauce, chopped nuts to serve
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt in a large bowl and mix together.
- Mix the milk, egg, pumpkin purée and melted butter in a measuring jug.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and whisk together briefly until combined. Let the batter stand for 20 minutes (or make in advance and keep in the fridge).
- Preheat the waffle maker until the ready light indicator turns on. Pour enough batter to cover just under 2/3 of the waffle maker surface and close the lid.
- Cook until the machine beeps or until the waffles are puffy, golden and crisp. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with a little butter and maple syrup or with ice cream, caramel sauce and some chopped hazelnuts.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA