Fancy trying foolproof festive recipes that the whole family will enjoy without having to brave the supermarket during the Christmas rush? If you have both arms up in the air, I know I did, then Gousto is definitely for you. Read on to see how I liked their Christmas range and grab an amazing discount to try for yourselves.
In collaboration with Gousto
Gousto is a meal kit service that offers a great choice of recipes – over 30 per week – and the convenience of having all the ingredients measured and delivered to your door.
If you love cooking but haven’t got the time to plan the recipes, source the ingredients and do the shopping yourself then Gousto has your back.
- So easy to use – pick your meals, your delivery date and away you go
- Flexible: you can decide to pause the membership, skip weeks or add a one-off meal
- Convenient: everything is delivered to your door
- Easy to follow instructions will make you (re)discover your inner chef and become more adventurous in the kitchen
- No food waste: I think this might be my favourite thing about Gousto
- Excellent recipes illustrated with easy to follow steps – novice cooks will become more confident in the kitchen, more experienced foodies will enjoy trying new dishes
- Good quality, locally sourced ingredients
- Great incentives and discounts – see below
Gousto Christmas range
But let’s talk actual recipes, shall we? I chose the turkey dinner with all the trimmings for four plus the pistachio & cranberry nut roast from the Gousto Christmas food range.
Having the step by step instructions helped me manage my time a whole lot better than I do usually. I am an enthusiastic cook but organisation is not my strong suit. I usually get distracted and start doing something else instead of concentrating on the task at hand.
The Christmas dinner with bacon-wrapped turkey breast, roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots and Brussels sprouts PLUS cranberry sauce from scratch and a sage stuffing cakes was a big hit.
My children usually fuss over roast turkey and just eat the sides… having the turkey breast wrapped in bacon kept it moist, visually appealing and kid friendly too.
The nut roast – which I cooked in a mini bundt tin – was actually so tasty I can’t wait to make again outside the holidays. It tasted delicious and looked so festive too – an excellent veggie option that will appeal equally to meat lovers.
Gousto ‘Fine Dine In’ range
I picked the duck breast with braised red cabbage, potato and parsnip gratin from the “Fine Dine In” range because I love duck but always feel slightly intimidated cooking it.
This dish was a real taste triumph – restaurant worthy for sure and a great alternative for turkey haters. The crispy duck skin was a great contrast to the creamy potato gratin and I would add braised red cabbage to all my festive meals.
Want to try Gousto?
I am delighted to partner with Gousto as brand ambassador and have an amazing discount code if you would like to try the service for yourselves. Simply enter LUCY60M following this link to enjoy 60% OFF your first box + 30% off all other boxes in your first month. Pretty unbeatable offer, right?