This Easy Sausage, Potato and Pepper Traybake is a colourful and mega tasty meal that is sure to become a family favourite. Everything cooks in the same sheet pan saving on time and washing up!
Replace the pork sausages with vegetarian or vegan sausages if preferred. Make it Slimming World friendly by using low-syn sausages!
Love sheet pan recipes? You gotta make Greek Chicken with Potatoes and Feta
Who likes one-pot meals? Me, me, me! This Easy Sausage Bake is probably one of the quickest to throw together and a big hit with my picky kids.
Juicy sausages, crispy potatoes and flavourful peppers all cook together in a single sheet pan saving you time and cutting down on washing up.
We are currently in the middle of the half term holidays which means I have to entertain my two lovely children for an entire week.
If I sound slightly exasperated, that’s because keeping the kids and two dogs (!) busy, happy and fed while also trying to balance my workload is not that simple.
Anyway, all this to say that complicated meals are out of the question at the moment and this traybake needs barely five minutes prep and only 45 minutes in the oven. It smells simply incredible while it cooks and it tastes SO GOOD!
HOW TO MAKE Sausage, Potato and Pepper Traybake
All you have to do is toss the vegetables – potatoes, sweet potatoes and peppers – with some oil, herbs and seasonings.
The easiest way to do that is put them in a large ziplock or roasting bag and add the oil etc. and shake the bag to coat the vegetables.
Spread the vegetables onto a large oiled tray, add the sausages and onions in a single layer and bake for half an hour.
Add some cherry tomatoes still on the vine and cook a further fifteen minutes so that they become lovely and soft and start to release their juices and then serve. Simple!
IS THIS RECIPE SLIMMING WORLD FRIENDLY?
This recipe can be converted for Slimming World. You will have to use low-syn sausages and replace the olive oil with a low calorie cooking spray. Make sure you use a non-stick tray or line the tray with greaseproof paper if necessary.
MAKE IT VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN
Replace the pork sausages with vegetarian or vegan sausages. You might need to adjust the cooking time according to pack instructions.
There’s more and more veggie and vegan sausages available on the market these days – in the UK Waitrose and Sainsbury’s have a good selection.
Have you made my Easy sausage, potato and pepper Bake?
Easy sausage, potato and pepper traybake
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp smoky paprika
- 2 large sweet potatoes skin on, cut into chunky wedges
- 3 medium waxy potatoes skin on, cut into chunky wedges
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thick slices
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into thick slices
- 2 red onions peeled and quartered
- 2 large garlic cloves sliced
- 2 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 small sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 pork and herb sausages ideally 95% pork
- 2 bunches cherry tomatoes still on the vine
- 2 small lemon halved
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze or pomegranate molasses to drizzle optional
- Preheat the oven to 190C (375F). Drizzle a large roasting tray with olive oil.
- Put the potatoes, sweet potatoes, peppers and garlic in a large ziplock bag. Add the spices, herbs and the olive oil. Season with salte and freshly ground pepper). Shake the bag to coat the vegetables in the oil.
- Spread the vegetables onto the tray in a single layer and nestle the sausages, onions and lemons among them.
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning the sausages around halfway into the cooking so they colour evenly.
- Add the tomatoes still on the vine. Add the chilli flakes and drizzle with a little oil. Cook for a further 15 minutes until the tomatoes are slightly wrinkly.
- Serve with a drizzle of balsamic glaze or pomegranate molasses and a green salad.