The blueberry compote (leftover from the blintzes) is also incredibly easy. I used frozen blueberries as they are, somehow, almost half the price of fresh ones. You can use fresh if you prefer or substitute with other berries.
Coconut oatmeal with blueberry compote
- 40 g | scant 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 300 ml | 10 fl oz light coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp Demerara sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Blueberry sauce
- 4-5 servings
- 400 g | 14oz fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp water
- To make the blueberry compote, put all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the blueberries start to burst. Simmer for a couple more minutes and set aside.
- To make the porridge, put all the ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 4-5 minutes until the porridge is creamy and thick.
- Serve warm with a generous amount of blueberry compote drizzled over the top.