Cheesy Baked Eggs
- Handful fresh spinach , roughly chopped
- 1 slice pancetta or bacon (optional)
- Handful cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 large eggs
- 50 g | 1/2 cup finely grated Gruyere (or substitute with cheese of choice)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Splash Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 tbsp double cream
- Salt and pepper to season
- Butter to grease
- Preheat the oven to 190C | 375F. Grease a small ovenproof dish (or double recipe and use a larger dish) with butter.
- Scatter the chopped spinach and pancetta on the bottom of the dish.
- Make two wells in the spinach and place the eggs in them carefully to preserve the yolks.
- Arrange the tomatoes around the eggs.
- Mix the grated cheese with the double cream, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and spoon over the top of the dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes - longer if you prefer the yolks to set.
- Serve with toasted, buttered bread - yum!
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA