Fluffy Coconut and Quark American Pancakes
150g | 5.3oz plain (all purpose) flour
150ml | 5fl oz light coconut milk (I used KoKo)
120g | 4.2oz Quark cheese (or you can use ricotta)
60g | 2oz desiccated coconut
1-2 tsp Splenda (or sweetener of choice)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
couple drops coconut extract (or use vanilla extract)
maple syrup and fresh berries to serve
light cooking spray or vegetable oil to fry
2. Sift in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, Splenda and salt and mix everything until just combined.
3. Fold in the desiccated coconut and make sure there are no dry pockets in the batter. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
4. Spray a large frying pan with cooking spray or wipe with oil. Heat the pan and then ladle in the batter (or use a large spoon – you want about 2 tbsp of batter per pancake) leaving enough space between the pancakes so you can flip them.
5. Cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes and flip carefully once bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes. Cook for a minute longer on the other side until golden. Continue until you have used up all the batter.
6. Serve warm with maple syrup and fresh berries or toppings of your choice.