This recipe was developed for Legal and General Life Cover.
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 3 parsnips peeled and cubed
- 1 medium potato peeled and cubed
- 5 large kale leaves with tough central vein removed, chopped
- 500 ml | 2 cups vegetable stock*
- * only fill to maximum line on soup maker
- small wedge Stilton or blue cheese optional
- 3 tbsp Stilton crumbled (optional)
- 2 tbsp sweetened dried cranberries finely chopped (optional)
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- olive oil
- Stovetop method
- Heat a little olive oil in a medium pot and gently sweat the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add the parsnips and potato and stir together.
- Add the stock and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the chopped kale and cook for a further 10 minutes or until it is soft.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and add the wedge of cheese. Blend until smooth and serve topped with a little crumbled cheese and some dried cranberries. Season to taste.
- SoupMaker method
- Add all the vegetables in the container (to the1.3 L mark) and then fill with stock to the maximum line indicated inside the kettle.
- Switch the machine on and select the smooth mode. The soup maker will cook the vegetables for 21 minutes.
- Switch the machine off, open the lid and add the small wedge of cheese. Switch on again and select the blend mode. Serve topped with a little crumbled cheese, some dried cranberries and drizzle a little olive oil. Season to taste.