Chocolate Crêpes filled with Nutella and mixed berries are perfect for an indulgent brunch or as a quick dessert and a great way to celebrate Pancake Day!
You will also love… my Double Chocolate Pancakes!
Pancake Day is tomorrow, catching me practically unawares… which begs the question why is time speeding up so much and where is it going? January went by so quickly and February is halfway gone too.
Anyway, pancake day may be tomorrow but since I am going to be busy all day it arrived a day early at our house – my daughter asking me constantly if I was making anything definitely twisted my arm, metaphorically speaking.
I have been thinking about making chocolate crêpes since the success of the double chocolate pancakes and I can say that, much as I love them, these are even better!
I had one because, honestly, one bite into it I was completely powerless to resist their charms…
More Nutella recipes
- Chocolate Nutella mug cake
- Ultimate Chocolate and Nutella Cake
- Quick and easy chocolate and Nutella trifle
Chocolate crêpes with Nutella and mixed berries
- 180 ml ( ¾ cup) milk I used coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 95 g ( ¾ cup) plain flour , sifted
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder sifted
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp rapeseed canola oil or melted butter, cooled
- rapeseed canola oil to fry (or you can use butter)
For the filling
- 250 ml ( 1 cup) double cream whipped to soft peaks
- 5 tbsp Nutella
- 100 g (1 cup) mixed berries thawed if frozen or more, to taste
- icing powdered sugar to dust
- handful chopped hazelnuts to sprinkle
- chocolate sauce
- Make the filling by warming the Nutella in the microwave on lowest setting for about a minute until runny but not hot. Do this in 30 second bursts.
- Whip the double cream until you have soft peaks and then mix in the Nutella until the filling is smooth. Set aside.
- Put the milk, eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and oil (or butter) in a bowl and whisk together with a hand whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl and whisk them in. Put the crêpe batter in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat a little rapeseed oil in a shallow non-stick frying pan until hot. Pour some batter into the pan and swirl it around so it coats the whole bottom of the pan. Cook until bubbles form on top and the edges start to brown and curl.
- Flip over and cook the other side for about a minute. Put the crêpe on a plate lined with kitchen towel. Keep any new crêpes separated by kitchen towel so they don’t stick.
- Repeat until you use up all the batter, adding extra oil in the pan if needed (I found that once was enough).
- Spread some of the filling over each of the crêpes and add a few berries and some chopped hazelnuts if you like. Fold in half and then into quarters.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate (or chocolate syrup) and dust with icing sugar. Add more berries on top if you like (and more cream!). Serve immediately.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SUPERGOLDEN BAKES ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED. IF YOU WISH TO SHARE THIS RECIPE, THEN PLEASE DO SO BY USING THE SHARE BUTTONS PROVIDED. DO NOT SCREENSHOT / POST RECIPE OR CONTENT IN FULL.FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA