Boozy one-pot Italian chicken
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 200 g | 7oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 100 g prosciutto torn into strips
- 10 small shallots peeled
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 3 tbsp sun-dried peppers cut into strips
- 2 whole cloves of garlic
- 150 ml | 5 fl oz dry white wine
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 2 tbsp port
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 tbsp chopped parsley
- lemon zest to serve
- Preheat the oven to 170C (340F).
- Combine the wine, vinegar, mustard, port and brandy in a measuring jug and set aside.
- Put the chicken, prosciutto and all the vegetables in a large, lidded, ovenproof dish. Season generously and toss together.
- Pour over the wine mixture and mix together. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Cover and cook for one hour.
- Take the lid off and cook for another 30 minutes or until the chicken is nicely coloured.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and lemon zest. Serve with rice or salad.