Put your homemade (or otherwise) strawberry jam to good use in these delectable strawberry jam margaritas! Totally delicious and so easy.
Oh hello weekend! I have been expecting you. Actually I have been totally longing for you having gone back to ‘work’ this week. I am totally lying, unless ‘work’ involves taking a week-long cake course. Which doesn’t sound like work, I will grand you that, but it was pretty gruelling and involved commuting in London in summertime. So I think it counts.
More on the cake course next week when I get my act together to post a review and some photos of the truly wonderful bakes we went through. In the meantime, can I interest you in a strawberry jam margarita? I made these as a last resort sort of thing – we had run out of fresh strawberries – but they turned out so GREAT that I figured the recipe needs to be out there!
After all, you don’t get fresh strawberries year-round, but strawberry jam is a staple for all seasons, especially if you have made a big batch. I can see this recipe working with any type of jam really, especially the berry ones. But orange marmalade would work really well too considering there’s orange liqueur in margaritas. Something for the winter months maybe…
Strawberry jam margaritas
- 60 ml | 2 fl oz | 2 measures tequila 100% agave
- 25 ml | 1 fl oz | 1 measure Cointreau or any orange liqueur
- 2 tsp strawberry jam preferably homemade
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- sea salt
- crushed ice
- fresh strawverry slices threaded onto cocktail sticks to serve
- Fill a small plate with sea salt and then grate the zest of 1 lime into it.
- Moisten the rim of a margarita (or highball) glass with a lime wedge and then dip the glass into the salt to frost the glass.
- Put the tequila, orange liqueur, jam, lime juice and plenty of ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake hard for 30 seconds until the cocktail shaker feels frosty.
- Strain the margarita into the prepared glass and add some crushed ice.
- Garnish with a sliced strawberry threaded onto a cocktail stick (bonus point for cutting it into a heart shape).
- Serve immediately