Looking for the best Slimming World Chocolate Brownies? Look no further! These super-easy healthy brownies are very low in syns but high on chocolate satisfaction – the perfect guilt-free treat if you are watching your weight.
This post contains affiliate links – if you purchase a recommended product after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more! For more information, check out my disclosure.
Looking for more Slimming World Desserts? Try my Slimming World Quark Cheesecake
Picture this scenario. You are on a weight loss mission. You are doing really well… until the chocolate cravings hit. Have you been there? I know I have!
These Slimming World brownies are perfect if you want to get your chocolate fix without ruining your good intentions. They are also super easy to make – just take a look at the recipe video.
These SW brownies are delicious served just a little bit warm – 10 seconds in the microwave does it for me! Perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.
Slimming World Brownie Ingredients
These chocolate brownies contain a (not so) secret ingredient that’s the key to their success. Have you guessed it? Hint, the answer is below!
Black beans! Black bean brownies are naturally gluten free, low in fat – under 4% – and high in fibre. But don’t let that put you off – they are also squidgy and gooey just like a good brownie ought to be.
Apart from the black beans you will also need:
- Large eggs, at room temperature (free)
- Sweetener – my preferred brand is Sukrin but you can use any granulated sweetener which is used at the same ratio as sugar in baking. Sukrin Gold is ideal for this low syn brownie recipe. Four tablespoons equal 2 syns.
- Brown sugar. I think the brownies taste better with a little real sugar in them. Two tablespoons come in at 6 syns but if you prefer you can use all sweetener instead.
- Cocoa Powder – 3 tablespoons which come in at 7 ½ syns.
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon is ½ syn
- Vanilla extract or paste (optional)
- Chocolate glaze – for a little added indulgence you can drizzle the brownies with some Sweet Freedom Choc Shot which is .5 syns per teaspoon.
Slimming World Syns Breakdown
These brownies contain 10 syns if made only with sweetener which works out as just over 1 syn per brownie (if sliced into 9).
If you add brown sugar, as I have done, then these brownies are sweetener and brown sugar they are 16 syns overall and 1.7 syns per single serving.
There’s 3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints and just under 80 calories per serving. These black bean brownies are also naturally gluten free and dairy free.
Do these chocolate brownies TASTE like black beans?
Nope! They taste just like chocolate brownies, albeit a little less dense since they are not loaded with butter and chocolate.
My children were completely fooled which goes to show that you can have your cake (or brownie) and eat it too. If you fancy a little something sweet without any guilt you should give these a go.
How to make Slimming World Brownies
STEP 1. Preheat the oven to 180C /350F. Spray a square brownie tin (I used a 20cm one) with Fry Light and line with baking paper, letting the paper hang over the sides.
STEP 2. Add all the ingredients – black beans, eggs, sweetener, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla – to your food processor, or a blender.
STEP 3. Blitz for 30 seconds or as long as needed to create a smooth thin batter.
STEP 4. Pour the batter into your prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes until risen. A skewer inserted in the centre should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then lift out using the paper.
STEP 5. Drizzle with Sweet Freedom Choc Shot if you are using. Dust with a little icing sugar or cocoa powder, slice and serve. Put any brownies you are not serving right away in an airtight container and eat within five days.
Chocolate Brownie Variations
- Chocolate Orange Brownies: add the zest of two oranges and a little orange oil.
- Mocha Brownies: add a teaspoon of espresso powder and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Black Forest Brownies: fold in some black pitted cherries
How long do these brownies keep?
These SW brownies keep really well for up to five days… if they last that long! Cool completely and transfer to a cake tin or other lidded container for up to five days. I found they actually became yummier over time!
Are these brownies suitable for freezing?
Yes! Cool completely, slice and wrap them in greaseproof paper and then a layer of foil (don’t add any glaze or icing sugar).
Defrost at room temperature and reheat for a few seconds in the microwave before serving.
DID YOU MAKE MY SLIMMING WORLD BROWNIES?
Snap a photo, add hashtag #supergoldenbakes and tag @supergolden88 on INSTAGRAM
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SUPERGOLDEN BAKES ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED. IF YOU WISH TO SHARE THIS RECIPE, THEN PLEASE DO SO BY USING THE SHARE BUTTONS PROVIDED. DO NOT SCREENSHOT / POST RECIPE OR CONTENT IN FULL.
Slimming World Brownies
- 400 g | 14oz tin black beans drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp Sukrin Gold or other granulated sweetener | .5 syns per tbsp
- 2 tbsp brown sugar 3 syns per tbsp (can replace with sweetener)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder 2.5 syns per tbsp
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder .5 syns
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- icing sugar to dust optional
- Fry Light to grease the tin
- Sweet Freedom Choc Shot to drizzle (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C /350F. Spray a square brownie tin (I used a 20cm one) with Fry Light and line with baking paper, letting the paper hang over the sides.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blitz until you have a smooth, fairly liquid, batter.
- Divide between your muffin tin, filling only halfway up or pour into the prepared loaf tin. Scatter a few frozen berries over the top (they will sink into the batter slightly as the brownies bake).
- Pour the batter into your prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes until risen. A skewer inserted in the centre should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then lift out using the paper.
- Drizzle with Sweet Freedom Choc Shot if you are using. Dust with a little icing sugar or cocoa powder, slice and serve.