Kinder Bueno Brownies – rich and gooey chocolate brownies with Kinder Bueno chunks and Nutella drizzle! These ridiculously easy, one-bowl brownies are an awesome treat for Kinder Bueno lovers.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CHECK OUT MY DISCLOSURE
Are you familiar with Kinder Bueno? These irresistible treats hide a creamy hazelnut centre inside a crisp wafer and chocolate shell.
My kids love them, but I love them EVEN MORE! My kids have to hide these from me because I have been known to snack on them on the sly.
I used my favourite rich chocolate brownie recipe and folded whole Kinder Bueno bars into the batter. I would have added even more on top of the brownies but… I had eaten them. Oops!
In the video I used a separate bowl to melt the butter and chocolate before realising I could just use a single bowl and cut out on the washing up!
Kinder Bueno Brownie Ingredients
These indulgent brownies are easy peasy to make! Just don’t eat all the Bueno bars before you embark on the recipe. You will need a square 20cm (8 inch) cake tin for this recipe.
- Dark chocolate chips or a good quality baking chocolate bar. I like the chips as they melt easily in the microwave and you don’t have to do any chopping! I avoid using milk chocolate in brownies as it can be far too sweet.
- Unsalted butter or margarine such as Stork in a pinch.
- Light brown sugar
- Eggs – large free range eggs at room temperature
- Vanilla – I love adding vanilla bean paste but it is optional
- Flour – plain or all purpose white flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Kinder Bueno bars – either original or a mix of original and white chocolate bars.
- Nutella to drizzle – totally optional but rounds off the hazelnut flavour nicely
- Chopped hazelnuts – these add a welcome crunch but you can leave them out if preferred
KINDER BUENO BROWNIES STEP BY STEP
Full measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page. Please take a look at the steps and video before attempting this recipe!
STEP 1 Put the chocolate and butter in a large mixing bowl and microwave for 30-40 seconds until the butter has melted. Stir until glossy and smooth.
STEP 2 Add the sugar and beat vigorously until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
STEP 3 Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and salt over the bowl. Fold the dry ingredients into the brownie batter until no dry streaks remain.
STEP 5 Transfer the batter into a lined square baking tin and level. Top with the Kinder Bueno bars, pushing them into the batter. Alternatively you can chop up the bars and fold them into the brownie batter.
STEP 5 Bake for 25-28 minutes and then allow the brownies to COOL DOWN before slicing. If you are too eager and slice them straight out of the oven they will likely fall apart!
STEP 6 Warm the Nutella in the microwave or a saucepan and drizzle over the brownies. Top with the hazelnuts if using and enjoy!
You may also like…
Jammie Dodger Blondies
Peanut butter millionaire’s shortbread bars
Kinder Bueno Brownies
For the brownies
- 200 g (7oz | 7/8 cup) unsalted butter cubed
- 200 g (1 ⅓ cups) dark chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- 200 g (1 cup) soft light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract optional
- 125 g (1 cup) flour plain /all purpose
- 50 g (¼ cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 Kinder Bueno Bars or as needed
- 5 tbsp Nutella
- 3 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) 160°C (325°F) Fan Setting. Line an 8 inch brownie tin with baking paper letting the edges hang over the edge.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds, stirring in between, until partially melted. Stir to combine until the mixture is glossy and smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat vigorously to combine. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Use a spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the batter until no dry streaks remain. You should have a glossy thick batter.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and level. Add the Kinder Bueno bars, pressing them into the batter. Alternatively you can chop these up and fold them into the brownie batter (probably able to fit more in them that way).
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes until the edges are set but the middle is still a little squidgy. Allow the brownies to cool before cutting. If you cut them straight out of the oven they are likely to fall apart – so be patient!
- Remove the brownies from the tin using the paper lining to lift them out. Use a large serrated knife to cut the brownies into squares (you will get about 16 small squares).
- OPTIONAL Just before serving, warm the Nutella in the microwave or in a saucepan and drizzle over the brownies. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts and enjoy!
- Keep the brownies in the fridge in a covered container for 2-3 days.
- Serve warm with ice cream to turn them into an indulgent dessert!