A Classic Banoffee Pie is the perfect no bake dessert! This easy recipe combines a cookie crumb base with caramel, bananas, whipped cream and chocolate.
You will also love my No Bake Chocolate Tart
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CHECK OUT MY DISCLOSURE
Of all the recipes I have shared on this blog, all the celebration cakes and pastries you will never guess which is my husband’s all time favourite…
His top recipe, and one I get repeatedly begged to make again, is my homemade salt beef. Yes, I had to go and marry a fan of savoury food, though he will eat doughnuts and croissants without too much arm twisting.
The one sweet thing is he is a big fan of is Banoffee Pie – a no-bake dessert that’s usually made simply with cream, bananas, caramel and a biscuit base.
Make this when you have a crowd to feed as it doesn’t keep very well (all that fresh cream) and watch it disappear PDQ!
Cookie Crumb Crust (Biscuit Crust)
Full measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page. Please take a look at the steps and video before attempting this recipe!
Blitz the biscuits and salt in a food processor until you have fine crumbs. Although classic Banoffee is usually made with Digestive Biscuits I prefer to use Biscoff cookies which are slightly sweeter. I leave the choice up to you!
Mix the cookie crumbs with melted butter then tip into a 23cm (9in) loose bottomed tart tin. Press the biscuit crumbs into the base and up the sides of the tin using your fingertips. Make sure you have a sturdy, even base and sides.
Chill for a couple of hours or, ideally, overnight. When ready to fill, loosen the tart base from the tin with the tip of a knife and remove from the tin very carefully as the sides can be a little fragile.
Assemble the Banoffee Pie
Empty the caramel into a bowl and beat with a spoon to loosen. Add a pinch of salt (to taste). Pour the caramel it over the biscuit base and level. Top with the sliced bananas and chill while you whisk the cream.
Whip the cold cream, icing sugar and vanilla until you have soft peaks. This is best done with a hand mixer beating on low speed initially and gradually increasing the speed until the cream thickens.
Spoon the whipped cream on top of the bananas and spread it to cover the pie. Use a potato peeler on a bar of dark chocolate to create chocolate shavings and decorate your Banoffee pie or dust with a little cocoa powder.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to two days.
HAVE YOU MADE MY PUMPKIN SOURDOUGH BREAD RECIPE? Please leave a rating, post a photo on my Facebook page, share it on Instagram, or save it to Pinterest with the tag #supergoldenbakes and make my day!
Cookie crust / Biscuit Base
- 225 g (8 oz) digestive biscuits or use Biscoff cookies / Graham Crackers
- 150 g (⅔ cup) butter, melted
- pinch salt
For the Pie
- 397 g (14 oz) can caramel or Dulce de Leche
- pinch salt for the caramel
- 2 bananas , sliced
- 320 ml (1⅓ cup) cold cream double/heavy cream
- 50 g (½ cup) icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- dark chocolate shavings or cocoa powder to dust
Make the biscuit base
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until you get fine crumbs. Alternatively place in a sturdy ziplock bag and crush gently using a rolling pin.
- Put the crumbs into a bowl and add the melted butter and salt. Mix together until fully combined.
- Tip the mixture into a 9 inch /23cm loose bottomed tart tin (or a cake tin) and press the crumbs with the back of a spoon to line the bottom and sides tin in an even layer. Chill for an hour or overnight.
Assemble the Banoffee Pie
- Carefully release the pie base from the tin and place on a plate.
- Empty the caramel into a bowl and beat with a spoon to loosen. Add a pinch of salt (to taste).
- Pour the caramel it over the biscuit base and level.
- Top with the sliced bananas and chill while you whisk the cream.
- Whip the cold cream, icing sugar and vanilla until you have soft peaks. This is best done with a hand mixer beating on low speed initially and gradually increasing the speed until the cream thickens.
- Spoon the whipped cream on top of the bananas and spread it to cover the pie.
- Use a potato peeler on a bar of dark chocolate to create chocolate shavings and decorate your Banoffee pie or dust with a little cocoa powder.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to two days.
Nutritional information is always approximate, and will depend on quality of ingredients and serving sizes.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SUPERGOLDEN BAKES ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED. IF YOU WISH TO SHARE THIS RECIPE, THEN PLEASE DO SO BY USING THE SHARE BUTTONS PROVIDED. DO NOT SCREENSHOT / POST RECIPE OR CONTENT IN FULL.FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA