Cherry Julep cocktail
- Handful of ice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp grenadine
- 2 tsp simple syrup
- 4 measures | 100ml | 3.5 fl ounces gin
- 2 measures | 50ml | 1.8 fl ounces cherry brandy
- Soda water to top up
- Lemon rind strips to decorate or mint leaves frozen berries etc.
- Crushed ice to serve
- Put the ice in a cocktail shaker and add the lemon juice, grenadine, sugar syrup, gin and cherry brandy.
- Shake vigorously until a frost forms on the cocktail shaker.
- Strain into two highball or rocks glasses filled with crashed ice. Top up with soda water and stir.
- Decorate with lemon rind strips or frozen fruit.