Biscoff Rocky Road – a deliciously addictive no-bake treat packed with chocolate, marshmallows, Lotus Biscoff biscuits and spread. Vegan friendly and so easy to make!
Post may contain affiliate links. For more information, check my disclosure
Do you ADORE the unique taste of Lotus Biscoff as much as I do? Then this Biscoff Rocky Road recipe should belong on the very top of your must make list!
My kids are crazy for Rocky Road and they actually demanded I make this cookie butter version using our favourite Lotus Biscoff spread and biscuits.
Spoiler alert… IT IS DELICIOUS! And so easy. But I should also warn you it is highly addictive so make to share it.
BISCOFF ROCKY ROAD INGREDIENTS
This recipe uses only a handful of ingredients but you can customise it if you like. Salted cashew nuts add a nice crunch or you can use broken up honeycomb.
- Dark chocolate chips. You can use milk chocolate chips if you prefer but they are sweeter and this rocky road is plenty sweet already!
- Biscoff spread and biscuits
- Golden syrup
- Unsalted butter
- Mini marshmallows (the “rocks” in Rocky Road!)
HOW TO MAKE BISCOFF ROCKY ROAD
Full measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page. Please take a look at the steps and video before attempting this recipe!
This recipe is ridiculously easy and a great one to get the kids involved with. All you have to do is melt the chocolate, Biscoff spread, butter and golden syrup together in a bowl. You can do this in the microwave in short bursts or using the double boiler method. Don’t allow the mixture to become too hot as the chocolate and Biscoff can scorch!
Add the biscuits and mini marshmallows to the bowl and gently stir together to combine.
Pack into a lined square tin, pressing down firmly with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
Warm the Biscoff spread in the microwave (make sure the jar doesn’t have any foil bits stuck to the rim to avoid sparks!) and then spread over the rocky road.
Add Biscoff biscuits, pressing them down so that they stick. Chill the rocky road in the fridge for a couple of hours or until it is set.
Use a large knife to slice the rocky road into small squares, pressing down firmly to slice through and enjoy!
RECIPE NOTES AND FAQS
What can I use instead of Biscoff? There’s other brands of cookie butter which could be used in this cake. Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie Butter is a great alternative.
Is Biscoff Rocky Road vegan? Since Biscoff spread and biscuits are vegan friendly it is very easy to make vegan Biscoff rocky road. Use dairy free butter and chocolate and make sure the marshmallows are also vegan (as most contain gelatine).
Can I use milk or white chocolate? You can use whatever chocolate you prefer (unless you are making vegan version of this recipe). I find white chocolate and milk chocolate way too sweet to use in rocky road.
TRY MY OTHER LOTUS BISCOFF RECIPES!
HAVE YOU MADE MY BISCOFF ROCKY ROAD RECIPE? Post a photo on my Facebook page, share it on Instagram, or save it to Pinterest with the tag #supergoldenbakes and make my day!
Biscoff Rocky Road
- 55 g (½ stick) unsalted butter or non dairy spread
- 400 g (2 ¼ cups) dark chocolate chips
- 150 g (¾ cup) Lotus Biscoff spread
- 2 tbsp golden syrup or maple syrup
- 125 g (4 ½ oz) Biscoff biscuits roughly chopped
- 150 g (3 ½ cups) mini marshmallows
- 200 (1 cup) Lotus Biscoff spread melted
- 10 Biscoff biscuits or as needed, to top
- Lightly grease an 8 or 9 inch square pan and line with baking paper.
- Put the chocolate chips, Biscoff spread, butter and golden syrup in a large bowl and microwave, in 30 second bursts and stirring in between until melted.
- Add the biscuits and mini marshmallows and gently fold them into the chocolate.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared tin, pressing down firmly to level.
- Top with the melted Biscoff spread, spreading to cover the entire surface.
- Add biscuits on top to decorate, pressing them down so that they stick. Chill for two hours or until the rocky road has set.
- Cut into small squares using a large knife. Store the rocky road in the fridge for up to four days.
Leave a Reply