Boozy one-pot Italian chicken
This delicious one-pot chicken dish is extremely easy to prepare and sure to become a family favourite.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time1 hr 30 mins
Total Time1 hr 35 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 200 g | 7oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 100 g prosciutto torn into strips
- 10 small shallots peeled
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 3 tbsp sun-dried peppers cut into strips
- 2 whole cloves of garlic
- 150 ml | 5 fl oz dry white wine
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 2 tbsp port
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 tbsp chopped parsley
- lemon zest to serve
Preheat the oven to 170C (340F).
Combine the wine, vinegar, mustard, port and brandy in a measuring jug and set aside.
Put the chicken, prosciutto and all the vegetables in a large, lidded, ovenproof dish. Season generously and toss together.
Pour over the wine mixture and mix together. Drizzle with the olive oil.
Cover and cook for one hour.
Take the lid off and cook for another 30 minutes or until the chicken is nicely coloured.
Sprinkle with the parsley and lemon zest. Serve with rice or salad.