15-minute spicy peanut noodles with mushrooms and kale
Spicy peanut noodles with mushrooms and kale – a quick, delicious and satisfying vegetarian meal. Add smoked tofu for a protein boost.
Servings: 2 -3 servings
- 300 g | 10 1/2oz button chestnut mushrooms sliced in half
- 300 g | 10 1/2oz kale leaves rib removed
- 300 g | 10 1/2oz fresh egg noodles straight to wok noodles
- 150 | 5.3oz firm tofu optional
- 60 g | 2oz cashews or peanuts to garnish
- sesame oil to fry
- salt to season if needed
- pinch chilli flakes to serve
- lime wedges to serve
- <b>For the peanut sauce</b>
- 3 heaping tablespoons smooth peanut butter sugar-free preferably
- 2 large garlic cloves sliced or minced
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely diced
- small piece fresh ginger peeled and finely diced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- juice of a small lime
Place all the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a mini chopper or blender and process to a smooth paste, thinning with a little warm water if necessary.
Dry fry the cashews or peanuts in a frying pan until toasted. Roughly chop.
Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a wok and fry the mushrooms for a couple of minutes. If you are using tofu you can add it now as well.
Add the peanut sauce, noodles and kale and cook for 10-12 minutes, tossing with tongs to coat in the sauce, until the kale is soft. If the wok is getting dry add a touch more sesame oil, water or lime juice. Taste and season with salt if necessary.
Serve sprinkled with the cashews or peanuts with extra lime wedges on the side and a pinch chilli flakes.