I didn’t manage to post my Friday cocktail last week. I know that it’s very likely that nobody actually noticed but I agonised about it nonetheless. I did make and photograph a classic Piña Colada (on same day I made the Piña Colada Swiss Roll) but it was a very overcast day and the photographs looked anything but tropical. So Cocktail Friday is now Cocktail Monday (doesn’t quite have the same ring, does it) but this totally acceptable since I am on holiday.
This fruity tequila punch is easy to make and perfect for a party. You can even make a virgin mocktail version for the kids or anyone not imbibing as it tastes equally refreshing without any alcohol. Cheers everyone!
Tequila fruit punch
- 360 ml | 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice such as Pomegreat
- 240 ml | 1cup ginger beer such as Old Jamaica
- 80 ml | 1/3 cup silver tequila or more to taste
- 60 ml | 1/4 cup Limoncello
- Juice of 2 lemons or oranges if you prefer it sweeter
- Lemon slices to serve
- Put all the ingredients in a large jug with plenty of ice and stir.
- If you are preparing this in advance leave out the ice and ginger beer and keep chilled. Add the ginger beer and ice just before serving.
- Serve tall with plenty of ice and lemon slices.