This vegan espresso martini chocolate mousse is quick, easy, delicious and ultra rich. A sophisticated dessert for grown ups only!
I am a coffee addict and a cocktail fanatic – these two things certainly came into play to create this vegan espresso martini chocolate mousse. A dessert of few ingrediends but remarkably intense flavour, it is perfect as a last minute addition to your dinner party. Vegan chocolate mousse is made with aquafaba and melted chocolate with a little maple syrup for sweetness. It doesn’t sound like it would create a delicious chocolate mousse but, amazingly, those seemingly incompatible ingredients blend together to create a mousse with fantastic texture that simply melts in your mouth.
You can flavour the mousse however you like – or layer it with coconut mousse as I have done in this recipe. But I wanted to create an Espresso Martini style mousse so I added strong coffee, vodka and coffee liqueur. Needless to say this makes it a decidedly adult dessert in the best possible way. You could replace the coffee with decaff if you like and leave the alcohol out for a virgin mousse!
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £12.99Was: £18.00
- Price: Out of stock
- Price: £29.00
- Price: £24.97
- Price: £31.47
- Price: £21.50
- Price: £17.88
- 200g | 7oz good quality dark chocolate (dairy-free)
- aquafaba drained from a 400g/14oz tin of chickpeas
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp strongly brewed espresso (or use espresso powder mixed with hot water)
- 3 tbsp vodka
- 1 tbsp coffee liqueur such as Kahlua or Tia Maria
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- coffee beans or chocolate shavings to garnish
- Drain the aquafaba into the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Add the cream of tartar. Start mixing on low speed until frothy.
- Increase the speed to maximum until you have firm peaks.
- Add the maple syrup, vodka, coffee liqueur and vanilla extract. Whisk to incorporate.
- Melt the chocolate over a bowl of barely simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Add the coffee and stir using a small balloon whisk – the chocolate will thicken slightly.
- Add a third of the aquafaba meringue into the melted chocolate, stirring with a ballon whisk to combine.
- Gently fold in the remaining meringue until no streaks remain.
- Divide between 4 glasses or bowls or 6 smaller containers as it is very rich.
- Leave to set at room temperature or chill in the fridge. Serve at room temperature.
- Serve garnished with coffee beans or chocolate shavings.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA