Easy vegetarian puff pastry tomato tarts with feta and ricotta
These super-easy vegetarian puff pastry tomato tarts with feta and ricotta make an excellent starter or light summer lunch.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 packet pre-rolled puff pastry
- 250 g | 9ounces | 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 200 g | 7 ounces | 3/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 3-4 ripe vine tomatoes sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp olive oil + extra to drizzle on tarts
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives + extra to sprinkle on tarts
- 2-3 tbsp finely grated Grana Padano Parmesan
- or a vegetarian hard cheese optional
- salt and freshly ground pepper to season
Preheat the oven to 200C (400F).
Mix the ricotta, feta, olive oil and chives together in a bowl.
Unroll the puff pastry but keep it on the paper it is wrapped in. Place on a large baking tray and slice in half or in quarters if you wish to make smaller tarts.
Space the pieces slightly apart on the tray.
Score a small border around the edges of each piece with a knife and then prick within the border with a fork.
Bake for 12 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Press the middle of the tarts to flatten. Gently spread the cheese mixture within the border of each tart, filling edge to edge.
Add the tomato slices, overlapping them slightly and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Return to the oven for 8 minutes, or until the tomatoes are slightly softened.
Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve immediately.