Thai Turkey Salad
Delicious Turkey salad with an addicting tangy Thai dressing – easy, slimming friendly and healthy! To serve as a main meal, omit the cucumber and salad leaves and serve with steamed Basmati rice.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 mins
Total Time16 mins
- low calorie cooking spray
- 200 g (7 oz) two large skinless turkey breasts
- 200 g (7oz) mixed salad leaves (rocket, watercress, spinach, gem lettuce etc)
- ½ small mango (or 1 packet mango cubes)
- ½ cucumber , deseeded and cubed
- handful sugar snap peas , sliced lengthwise
- half avocado , cubed (optional)
- 3 tbsp low sodium Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil leave out for Slimming Version
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar use Sukrin Gold for Slimming Version
- ½ tbsp ginger paste or fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tsp garlic paste , or 1 large clove, minced
- 1 shallot , chopped finely
- 1 red chili , deseeded and chopped finely
- 2 tbsp Handful fresh coriander leaves , roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Handful fresh mint leaves , roughly chopped
- 1 lime juice only
Place your turkey breasts between two large pieces of clingfilm and pound them flat with a rolling pin. Try to get them quite thin.
Mist a griddle pan (or non-stick pan) with cooking spray turn heat on high. Once pan is hot, sear the turkey breasts for 2-3 minutes on each side, pressing down on them with a spatula. Check they are thoroughly cooked by cutting into the middle. Set aside, covered with foil.
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a medium bowl. Taste and adjust - you might want to add a touch more sweetness or more lime juice.
Cut your turkey breasts thinly on the diagonal and add to the dressing, stirring well.
Put your salad leaves in a large bowl and add the cubed mango, cucumber, sugarsnap peas and avocado if using. Add the turkey and toss together.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 1039mg | Potassium: 760mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1964IU | Vitamin C: 78mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg