This Christmas Cheesecake is the perfect last-minute festive dessert. This easy white chocolate cheesecake has crunchy gingersnap base topped with deliciously creamy filling – delicious and requires no baking.
NO BAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE RECIPE TIPS AND FAQs
This cheesecake recipe is EASY but here's some essential tips to get it just right!
- Melt the chocolate and then LEAVE IT TO COOL. It should be still liquid but not hot when you add it to the cream cheese. If the chocolate is too hot and the cheese too cold it can harden when added.
- Allow the mascarpone or cream cheese to come to room temperature before using, it will be easier to beat. Don't whisk too long or on too high a speed.
- The whipped cream on the other hand needs to be COLD before whipping. Whisk until it forms peaks but no so much that it starts to curdle. Remember you are using some of it to decorate the cheesecake so don't add the whole bowl to the filling.
- The cheesecake needs 8 hours to set properly. Allow yourself enough time for it to set. It should be lovely and creamy when set, not solid.
- Eat this white chocolate cheesecake within 3 days, stored it in the fridge.
- Can I substitute light cream cheese for full fat? In a word... NO! Light cream cheese will cause the filling to be runny and the cheesecake will not set. Use full fat cream cheese or mascarpone cheese and double (heavy) cream.