No-bake salted caramel chocolate tart
This no-bake salted caramel chocolate tart is the ultimate indulgence! A simple Oreo cookie crust filled with chocolate ganache, drizzled with salted caramel and decorated with chocolate curls.
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 12 slices
For the salted vegan caramel sauce
- 100 g | 3 1/2 oz vegan spread
- 100 g | 3 1/2 oz | 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 3-5 tbsp coconut cream
For the Oreo cookie crust
- 225 g | 8oz original Oreo cookies
- 100 g | 3 1/2 oz vegan spread melted
For the filling
- 300 g | 10 1/2oz dark chocolate chopped
- 250 ml | 1 cup coconut milk
- Chocolate curls
- Salted caramel sauce
- Pinch kosher salt
Make the caramel sauce
Bring the butter and sugar to the boil, adding the coconut milk, vanilla and salt once the caramel has come to the boil. Continue to cook until caramel thickens then transfer to a jar to cool.
Blitz the Oreos in a food processor or put in a plastic bag and carefully crush them using a rolling pin. The finer the crumb the smoother your tart base.
Mix with the melted vegan spread and then press the crust into a fluted 9 inch pie plate with removable base. Chill for 30 mins or until needed.
Make the vegan chocolate ganache
Heat the coconut milk until little bubbles appear around the edge of the pan. Pour over finely chopped dark chocolate and leave for a couple of minutes.
Stir the chocolate using a small balloon whisk, starting at the centre of the bowl and slowly expanding outwards until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
Pour the vegan ganache over the chilled Oreo cookie crust. Chill in the fridge until set - or stick in the freezer if you are in a hurry.
Use a potato peeler to shave a bar of chocolate to create the curls. Drizzle the tart with the salted caramel and decorate with the chocolate curls. Sprinkle with a little kosher salt (I used pink salt).
Carefully remove the tart from the tin: position the tin over a jar and gently push the edge of tin downwards to release the tart base.
Slice into thin slivers to serve as it is extremely rich – I guarantee that most people will ask for seconds!
- If you are not concerned about whether this tart is vegan, replace the vegan spread with unsalted butter and the coconut milk with heavy cream. You can also use half dark and half milk chocolate in the ganache if you prefer the tart a little sweeter.
- Store the chocolate tart in the fridge where it will keep for a couple of days if you don’t devour it first!