Baked eggs with salmon & goat's cheese
These baked egg boats with salmon and goat's cheese are perfect for brunch or light lunch. Delicious and super easy!
- 2 small rolls of bread
- baguettes or sourdough rolls etc. I used Sainsbury's White Pave
- 4 medium free range eggs
- 60 g | 2oz smoked salmon chopped small
- 60 g | 2oz goat's cheese chopped or crumbled into small pieces
- 60 ml | 2oz single cream
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp finely chopped dill
- dash tabasco
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to season
Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Line a heavy tray with greaseproof paper.
Slice into the bread rolls and remove most of the bread keeping the crust intact.
Crack the eggs into a bowl and add all the ingredients. Lightly whisk with a fork until combined.
Carefully fill the bread boats with the egg mixture about 3/4 of the way up - the eggs will puff up as they bake and you want to avoid leaks.
Bake for 20 minutes keeping an eye on the bread so that it doesn't brown too much (cover with foil if it does).
Take out of the oven and rub some butter on the bread crust. Return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until the egg is set in the middle.
Cool for 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper and serve warm.