Blue cheese burgers with crispy pancetta and onion chutney
The ultimate juicy beef burger. Serve with easy blue cheese sauce, crispy pancetta, onion chutney and brioche buns.
Prep Time35 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 500 g | 17.6oz beef mince
- 1 red onion
- 55 g | 2 oz blue cheese crumbled
- 55 g | 2 oz fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley very finely chopped
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- couple of dashes Tabasco
- caramelised onion chutney from a jar to serve
- 6 slices pancetta
- Easy blue cheese sauce
- 150 g | 5.3oz blue cheese crumbled
- 4-5 tbsp sour cream or light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and thoroughly mix together with your hands. Form 6 thick burgers, cover with cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
Heat a skillet or frying pan and cook the pancetta until crisp. Set aside.
Place the burgers on the pan and cook over medium heat, pressing down on the burgers with a spatula. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Set aside while you prepare the blue cheese sauce.
Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl. Add more sour cream if the sauce is too thick.
Toast the burger buns and spread onion chutney on the bottom half. Add the burger and a pancetta slice. Spread blue cheese sauce on the top half of the bun and press down on the burger. Serve immediately.