Homemade Raspberry Lemonade
Homemade raspberry lemonade is easy to prepare and probably the prettiest and most refreshing summer drink!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 350 g | 12.3oz frozen raspberries
- 225 g | 8oz | 1 cup caster sugar
- 500 ml | 2 cups water use half the quantity for more concentrated syrup
For the lemonade
- 300 ml | 10fl oz raspberry syrup
- 150 ml | 5fl oz fresh lemon juice about 4 large lemons
- 1 litre chilled soda water
For the syrup: bring the frozen raspberries, sugar and water to the boil in a medium pot and simmer for 30 minutes until the syrup is slightly viscous.
Let the syrup cool, then strain into a suitable container. Chill completely before using. The cooked raspberries can be added to yoghurt or porridge or used as cake filling.
Juice the lemons and strain the juice through a fine mesh to get rid of any pulp.
Combine the raspberry syrup and lemon juice in a large jug or drinks dispenser.
Dilute with chilled water or soda and add plenty of fresh ice to keep cool.