Red wine hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream topping
Red wine hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream topping - an indulgent drink for adult's only!
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time7 mins
Servings: 4 small or 2 large servings
- 240 ml | 1 cup whole or semi-skimmed milk
- 120 ml | 1/2 cup red wine I used Merlot
- 100 g | 3 1/2 oz dark chocolate chips
- 2-3 tbsp honey or to taste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 150 ml | 5fl oz double cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- mini marsmallows to serve
- chocolate sauce store-bought to serve
Put the double cream and icing sugar in your stand mixer and whisk until you have firm peaks. Alternatively use whipped cream from a can.
Put the milk, wine and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and heat gently until hot but not boiling. Remove the chinnamon stick.
Stir in the chocolate chips and use a small balloon whisk to stir them until completely melted. Stir in the honey and check for sweetness.
Carefully pour the chocolate into two large glasses or four small cups.
Pipe or spoon the cream over the top, add a few marshmallows and a drizzle of chocolate sauce and serve immediately.