Super-easy raspberry and white chocolate muffins
These super-easy raspberry and white chocolate muffins are perfect for baking with kids and gluten/dairy free too!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 15 -18 small muffins
- 200 g | 7 oz rice flour or gluten-free flour of choice
- 150 g | 5 1/2 oz caster sugar
- 3 tbsp sweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 100 ml melted coconut oil or melted dairy-free spread
- 1 large egg
- 150 g | 5 1/2oz frozen raspberries
- 100 g | 3 1/2 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla or coconut extract
- <b>Glaze and to decorate</b>
- 100 g | 3 1/2oz icing sugar
- juice of a small lemon + water as needed
- freeze dried raspberries to decorate
Preheat the oven to 200 C (400F). Line your muffin tin with paper cases. You will get 8-10 large muffins or up to 18 smaller ones.
Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the desiccated coconut.
Put the milk, coconut oil, egg and vanilla extract in the measuring jug and stir to combine.
Pour the wet into the dry ingredients and stir to combine - do not overmix.
Fold in raspberries and white chocolate chips and spoon into the muffin cases filling 3/4 of the way.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes depending on size. Cool on a wire rack.
Mix the icing sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and add enough water so that the glaze is thick but pourable.
Drizzle the glaze over the muffins and decorate with a sprikling of freeze-dried raspberries.