Spinach and mushroom baked egg boats with Grana Padano and Prosciutto di San Daniele
Spinach and mushroom baked egg boats with cheese and ham. Perfect for breakfast, picnic or parties!
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 part-baked mini baguettes
- 3 large eggs
- 75 ml | 2 1/2 fl oz double cream
- 60 g | 2oz grated Grana Padano plus an extra tbsp to sprinkle
- 1 medium leek finely diced
- 100 g | 3 1/2oz button mushrooms quartered
- 100 g | 3 1/2oz fresh baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley to garnish
- salt and freshly ground pepper to season
- 1 tbsp rapeseed canola oil for frying
- 2 tbsp butter melted to brush the bread
- 6 slices Prosciutto di San Daniele to serve
Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
Add the oil to a non-stick frying pan and pan fry the leek until soft – about 5 minutes.
Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach and fry until it wilts. Leave to cool while you prepare the bread.
Cut a slit into your baguettes and hollow them out using a teaspoon. Keep the crust intact.
Put the eggs and cream in a bowl and whisk together using a balloon whisk.
Add the grated cheese and fold in the cooked vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
Fill your egg boats 3/4 of the way (the filling with puff in the oven) and place on the baking tray, spaced slightly apart.
Cook for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and brush the bread with the melted butter.
Sprinkle with a little extra grated cheese and cover with foil.
Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the filling is puffed and firm. Leave to cool.
Arrange a slice of prosciutto on each egg boat and sprinkle with parsley to serve.