Greek orzo pasta salad with tomatoes and feta
This summery Greek orzo pasta salad with tomatoes and feta will be your go-to side dish for barbecues and is also perfect for picnics and packed lunches.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings as a side dish
- 200 g | 7oz orzo pasta
- 200 g | 7oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 150 g | 5 1/2 oz feta cheese cubed
- half a cucumber seeds removed, cut into cubes
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 1/2 green pepper siced thinly
- handful pitted black olives siced
- handful fresh oregano leaves to garnish
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove minced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Cook the pasta according to pack instructions until al dente. Rinse thouroughly in cold water, drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add a little olive oil and toss together so that it doesn't stick.
Add the cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, cucumber, onion, pepper, and olives and toss to combine.
Mix the alll the ingredients for the dressing together and then drizzle over the salad.
Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with a little fresh oregano and either serve immediately or keep chilled until needed.