Bourbon cherry no-churn ice cream
Make this super simple bourbon cherry no-churn ice cream your summer's coolest indulgence! Smooth, creamy and incredibly delicious.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 350 g | 12oz fresh pitted cherries halved
- 200 g | 7oz sugar
- 60 ml | 1/4 cup bourbon replace with apple juice
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 300 ml | 10fl oz double heavy cream
- 300 ml | 10fl oz sour cream
- 100 g | 3 1/2oz icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 4 ginger or digestive biscuits crushed
- extra fresh cherries to serve
Place the cherries, bourbon, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan.
Stir over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
Gradually bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
Put the double cream, sour cream, icing sugar and vanilla in the bowl of your stand mixer.
Whisk at maximum speed until your have soft peaks.
Fold in the cherries and crushed biscuits.
Transfer to a loaf tin, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.