10 minute shrimp fried rice
This 10-minute shrimp fried rice could not be easier and it tastes miles better than takeaway. An quick meal that's sure to become a family favourite.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 80 ml | 1/3 cup dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 onion very finely diced
- 5 spring onions very finely diced
- reserving some for garnish
- 1 red chilli deseeded and very finely diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic 2 cloves
- 400 g | 14oz raw tiger shrimp prawns
- you can also use smaller shrimp
- 1 red bell pepper very finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper very finely diced
- 120 g | 4oz frozen peas
- 200 g | 7oz cooked rice those microwavable packets are handy
- lime wedges to serve
- toasted sesame seeds to garnish
Mix the soy sauce, honey and sesame oil together in a small bowl.
Heat 2 tbsp of the sunflower oil in a wok.
Pour in the eggs, leave them to start setting slightly then quickly scramble with a spoon. Set aside and clean the wok (or use a separate frying pan for the eggs).
Heat the remaining sunflower oil in the wok and then cook the onion, spring onions, chilli and garlic for a minute.
Throw in the prawns and keep stirring until they turn pink – this should only take 2 minutes.
Add the chopped peppers and stir to combine. Add the frozen peas and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the scrambled eggs and rice and stir in the soy marinade. Cook until warmed through - another 2-3 of minutes.
Serve with lime wedges and garnish with chopped spring onions and toasted sesame seeds.