One-pot Spanish chicken, chorizo and lentil stew
This one-pot Spanish chicken, chorizo and lentil stew is such a perfect comfort food for the colder weather and ready in 35 minutes. Serve with crusty bread to mop up the delicious juices.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g | 3 1/2 oz cubed chorizo
- 2 red onions sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves sliced
- 400 g | 14oz tin chopped tomatoes
- 500 g | 1lb 1oz skiness chicken thighs or breasts sliced
- 400 g | 14oz tin brown lentils in water
- 120 ml | 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp black pitted olives sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- fresh oregano or thyme to garnish
- crusty bread to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chorizo for a couple of minutes until it starts to colour.
Add the onions and garlic and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the chicken, increase the heat slightly and cook for 5 minutes until it starts to colour.
Add the tomatoes, lentils, stock and olives. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Take the lid off and cook for a further 5-7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Check the seasoning and add pepper and salt, if needed.
Serve garnished with a pinch of dried chilli flakes and a few sprigs fresh oregano or thyme. Make sure to offer some crusty bread on the side and maybe a glass of red wine.