One-pot Spanish chicken, chorizo and lentil stew
This one-pot Spanish chicken, chorizo and lentil stew is such a perfect comfort food for the colder weather and ready in 35 minutes. Serve with crusty bread to mop up the delicious juices.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g | 3 1/2 oz cubed chorizo
- 2 red onions sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves sliced
- 400 g | 14oz tin chopped tomatoes
- 500 g | 1lb 1oz skiness chicken thighs or breasts sliced
- 400 g | 14oz tin brown lentils in water
- 120 ml | 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp black pitted olives sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- fresh oregano or thyme to garnish
- crusty bread to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chorizo for a couple of minutes until it starts to colour.
Add the onions and garlic and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the chicken, increase the heat slightly and cook for 5 minutes until it starts to colour.
Add the tomatoes, lentils, stock and olives. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Take the lid off and cook for a further 5-7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Check the seasoning and add pepper and salt, if needed.
Serve garnished with a pinch of dried chilli flakes and a few sprigs fresh oregano or thyme. Make sure to offer some crusty bread on the side and maybe a glass of red wine.