- Preheat the oven to 180C | 350 F. Line an 8in square tin with baking paper.
- Pulse the bananas, eggs, oil and almond extract in a food processor, mini chopper or blender until smooth. Alternatively mash the bananas with a fork and mix with the other ‘wet’ ingredients.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl then add the banana mixture. Fold together with a spatula making sure there are no dry ‘pockets’ in the batter.
- Pour the batter in the prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean and cake is springy to the touch. Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl using a hand whisk. Add a little more maple syrup if the frosting is too stiff – a teaspoon at a time.
- Spread frosting over the cake using a palette knife, cut into squares and serve.
|The perfect snacking cake – good any time of day.|