Need a delicious, no effort meal in record time? Make this 30 minute Mediterranean sheet pan salmon with couscous!Sheet pan meals have replaced one-pot meals as my favourite way to cook this summer. They are just so easy and versatile and require such little effort – perfect for when you would rather be taking it easy that cooking elaborate recipes. Pretty much any combination of vegetables, fish and meat works, as long as you keep in mind how long each needs to cook for.
This Mediterranean sheet pan salmon brings fish and fresh vegetables together, with a few black olives and feta cheese to round things off. The great thing about cooking fish in a sheetpan is that they cook so fast – this salmon only needed 15 minutes.
You make this meal with cod or sea bass fillets instead of the salmon. Any fish fillet will work really or you can leave the fish out altogether for a vegetarian version.
You could serve the salmon with just the roasted vegetables but I prefer to serve this over couscous. Which, technically, is not part of the sheet pan meal but I will allow it… since you don’t actually have to cook it. Just pour either boiling water or stock over your couscous and cover the bowl with kitchen paper. Within 4-5 minutes it will be ready to eat, provided you fluff it up with a fork.
I think I lived on couscous in college – it’s just the perfect convenience food for when you have little money, zero cooking skills and a shared kitchen! But I also adore giant couscous (sometimes called Israeli couscous) which requires a little more effort but works brilliantly both hot and cold.
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil, plus more for the sheetpan
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 salmon fillets (skinless preferably)
- 2 large courgettes (zucchini), cut into wedges
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 bunches cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2 tbsp black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh thyme leaves to garnish
- salt and freshly ground pepper to season
- about 300g | 10½ oz couscous to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220C (430F) and drizzle a sheet pan with a little olive oil.
- Rub the salmon with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the olive oil, vinegar and finely minced (or grated) garlic cloves together.
- Spread the courgettes, onions and peppers on the sheet pan and drizzle with the olive oil marinade.
- Nestle the lemon wedges among the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with the oregano and thyme and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15 minutes, turning the vegetables over halfway through.
- Push the vegetables aside to make space for the salmon fillets on the sheet pan.
- Nestle the fillets among the vegetables and add the tomatoes.
- Add the chopped olives and feta and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves, drizzle with a little lemon juice using the roasted lemons and serve with couscous or a green salad.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA