What would celebration would be without a drink to toast – and, folks, I feel like a cocktail. This one is absolutely fabulous – a British invention from cocktail mixmaster extraordinaire Dick Bradsell. And it comes courtesy of Taste Cocktails – a monthly cocktail kit subscription service, which, by the way is perfect birthday present for me if anyone’s asking (cough). Taste Cocktails provide kits with all ingredients you will need to create a variety of classic cocktails. Each kit comes with enough premium spirits (in super cute mini bottles) to create the main recipe plus a couple of variations on the theme. You can probably get away with creating at least 4-5 cocktails out of each kit (6 if you are being frugal with the spirits). If you don’t want to commit to the monthly subscription, you can also buy one-off kits – I have my eye on the Pisco Sour one.
- 40ml | 1.5fl oz (Minus 33) gin
- 20ml | 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 10ml | ½ tbsp sugar syrup
- 10ml | ½ tbsp Creme de Mure
- fresh blackberries or lemon peel to garnish
- crushed ice
- Fill a rocks glass with crushed ice.
- Put all the ingredients except for the Creme de Mure in a cocktail shaker half filled with ice.
- Shake hard for about ten seconds then strain into the glass.
- Drizzle the Creme de Mure over the drink – it will stain your cocktail a beautiful colour – and garnish with fresh blackberries or some lemon peel.
• You can add a little more lemon juice if you prefer your cocktail a bit sharper and a little more Creme de Mure for added sweetness.
• To make a Bramble de Casita, add ½ tbsp Chambord the above recipe.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA