This refreshing and simple Moscow Mule cocktail is taken to the next level with the addition of muddled strawberries.
Meet my new cocktail crush: the Strawberry Moscow Mule. It is the perfect easy cocktail involving something most people have in their drinks cabinet – vodka. In it’s classic incarnation a Moscow Mule has only three ingredients: vodka, ginger beer and lime juice. Strawberries go really well with it though and you can either use muddled fresh strawberries or strawberry syrup if you prefer a smoother cocktail. I now I have been going slightly crazy with fruit syrups lately but honestly they are such a good ingredient to have in your back pocket. They jazz up cocktails, soft drinks, baking even salads and they last for some time in the fridge.
Minus the vodka, this is such a good mocktail for when you are not imbibing or for serving to a younger crowd. Just make sure you use a good quality ginger beer (not ginger ale) with enough spice to cut through the sweetness of the strawberries – I usually use Old Jamaica Ginger Beer or Fentiman’s Traditional Ginger beer. I will be making a big batch of this (without the vodka – I should stress!) to serve at Anya’s 9th birthday party tomorrow. Though I will be making myself a glass or two of the strong stuff afterwards – birthday parties stress me out and this one is going to be a cooking party in our new kitchen. Wish me luck, folks, I have to entertain eight 9 year olds!
Cocktail Friday: Strawberry Moscow Mule
This refreshing and simple vodka based cocktail is taken to the next level with the addition of muddled strawberries.
Author: Lucy Parissi | Supergolden Bakes
Recipe type: Cocktail
Serves: 2 servings
- 120ml | 4fl oz vodka
- juice of 1 large lime
- handful ripe strawberries, sliced
- (or use 2-3 tbsp strawberry syrup)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ginger beer to top up
- handful sliced strawberries to decorate
- a few fresh mint leaves
- Put the sliced strawberries, sugar and lime juice in a cocktail shaker and let them macerate for 10 minutes.
- Muddle with the back of a rolling pin, add the vodka and mix together.
- Add plenty of fresh ice, a few sliced strawberries and a couple of mint leaves into two tall glasses.
- Divide the cocktail between the glasses. Top up with cold ginger beer and stir.
- Decorate with a sliced strawberry and serve with a straw.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA