icing (powdered) sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Grease a Nordic Ware mini bundt tin with vegetable shortening, dust with flour and shake off any excess.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and ground cloves together and set aside.
- Whisk the butter and sugar for several minutes until light and fluffy, scraping the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl a couple of times.
- Add the eggs one at a time and whisk until they are completely incorporated.
- Mix the vanilla extract into the wine. Alternate adding the wine and flour into the batter in three batches mixing on medium-low speed.
- Use a spatula to give the batter one final mix by hand to make sure it is smooth.
- Fill the bundt tin about halfway up – do not overfill and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cakes are firm and just coming away from the edges of the tin.
- Let the cakes cool for five minutes before shaking out of the tin. Fill the tin again until you use all the batter (you will need to bake in batches).
- Heat the cream and honey in a medium saucepan until tiny bubbles appear around the edge of the pot. Take off the heat and add the chopped chocolate. Let it stand a couple of minutes then slowly stir with a hand whisk until the chocolate has melted and is smooth and glossy. Drizzle over the cooled cakes and dust with icing sugar before serving.
Notes: a large bundt cake will take 45-50 minutes to bake. Do a skewer test before removing from the oven. Let the cake cool in the tin before removing carefully. Cool before adding ganache.
Post was created for Lindeman’s #CaptureTheSunshine.