- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases.
- Sift all the dry ingredients and add them to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add the cubed butter and pulse or mix until the mixture resembles sand.
- Add the eggs and mix them in. Add the milk and zest and pulse or mix until you have an evenly mixed batter. You may want to scrape the bottom of the mixing bowl to make sure it is thoroughly mixed.
- Fold the mincemeat into the batter and divide between the cupcake cases filling 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes then cool completely before frosting.
- First, whip the double cream and icing sugar till you have soft peaks. Transfer to another bowl.
- Place the mascarpone and vanilla paste in the bowl of your stand mixer and whip until soft and fluffy. Slowly add the whipped cream and whip together. You can also fold the whipped cream in by hand once the mascarpone is loose enough.
- Put the frosting in a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe the frosting over the cupcakes. Decorate with edible stars or any decorations you like.
Notes: You can eat these without the frosting and call them muffins if you prefer! They keep really well for 2-3 days at room temperature. If you add frosting, them keep them in the fridge.
> Giveaway open to UK residents over the age of 18 only.
> Four winners will receive a Brainbox Candy apron and tea towel.
> Please comment on this blogpost before proceeding with other entry options.
> The winner will be randomly selected, announced in the Gleam giveaway box and contacted via their provided e-mail address shortly afterwards. Please claim your prize within 4 days of being notified.
> Check out my other giveaways!
Win competitions at ThePrizeFinder.com – See more at: http://www.theprizefinder.com/content/brainbox-candy-apron-and-tea-towel#sthash.qwAeyvWX.dpuf