Chocolate bark and chocolate lollies are not only fun to make they are perfect for gifting – all you need is a pretty box or you can use a festive cookie cutters for both creating and gifting your homemade chocolates. It is also the perfect activity to get kids involved in – just watch out they don’t eat the decorations while your back is turned (they will – it’s inevitable). I hesitate to call this a recipe – all you need is chocolate and candy, nuts, dried fruit, cookies… and a little imagination.
You will need – makes 1 bar or 4-6 lollies
450g | 1 pound of chocolate – you can use milk, dark or white chocolate
a selection of candies, nuts, chocolate buttons or bars, crushed biscuits, sprinkles etc.
peanut butter, caramel or Biscoff spread are wonderful additions!
lolly sticks, biscuit cutters or a small baking tray
- Chop the chocolate and put in a large bowl set of over a pot of barely simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the chocolate. Stir occasionally and allow it to melt completely. Set aside to cool slightly (so that it keeps the shape if you are making lollies).
- Line a small tray with baking paper and pour the chocolate in adding your choice of decorations while chocolate is still semi-liquid so that they stick.
- Alternatively place lolly sticks on a flat tray lined with baking paper and pour chocolate over them to create lollies. Or use fairly large biscuit cutters, pouring the chocolate in them then adding your decorations.
- Allow the chocolate to set completely – either in the fridge or at room temperature.
Notes: if you want to use the peanut butter or any other spreads warm them in the microwave first until almost liquid then add them to the chocolate. Use a chopstick to lightly mix the two to create a pretty ‘feathered’ effect.
• Giveaway open to UK residents over the age of 18 only. The giveaway ends at midnight on 17th of December.
• Festive bakes must be verifiable as the entrant’s own creation – please submit a link to your bake. You can submit multiple entries!
• Follow @Supergolden88 on Twitter and tweet me your entry, including a link and photo using the hashtag #bestxmascakes
• I will pick my favourite recipe and notify the winner on Twitter after the competition closes at midnight on 17/12/14. Please accept your prize within 4 days.
• The winner will receive a Christmas gift hamper from Cadbury Gift Direct up to the value of £50.
• Check my other competitions and giveaways!
Win competitions at ThePrizeFinder.com – See more at: http://www.theprizefinder.com/content/cadburys-hamper-value-%C2%A350#sthash.XG65xad8.dpuf