It’s the last day of 2014, I am in retrospective mood and so I set our to list my favourite recipes from the past year… And this is where I almost had to stop because picking out favourite recipes is like having to pick a favourite child – completely impossible. Going through my old photographs and posts brought back memories and made me realise what an amazing year I have had on this blog and how much I want to continue creating and sharing new recipes in 2015. Hopefully you will continue reading, sharing and commenting!
Best of 2014 – SWEET
1. Strawberries and cream naked cake
2. Mile-high apple pie with homemade salted caramel ice cream
3. Nutella & salted caramel cheesecake
4. Perfectly autumnal pumpkin layer cake with walnut praline
But before I leave you I will share one final cocktail for 2014 before January dawns and I feel compelled to lead a more sensible and sober life… for a few weeks at least. This cocktail requires only bourbon and apple cider but is best made in a Vitamix for the true ‘slushy’ feel. If you haven’t got a porweful blender stir all the ingredients together and serve over plenty of crushed ice. Cheers everyone and may you have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Cider, maple & boubon slushy
adapted from Vitamix Create cookbook
120ml | 1/2 cup apple cider
60ml | 1/4 cup bourbon
2-3 tbsp good quality maple syrup
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 large handfuls ice cubes
apple slices to decorate
sugar for the glasses
1. Put all the ingredients in the Vitamix container in the order lists and secure the lid.
2. Select Variable 1 speed and slowly increase to speed 5. Blend until the ice is mostly crushed.
3. Put sugar in small plate. Moisten the rims two rocks glasses with the spent lemon. Invert glasses on the sugar. Carefully pour the cocktail into the glasses and serve with apple slices as garnish.